I made this for friends as an accompaniment to a Italian chicken recipe and it was perfect. It is so light and refreshing and very quick and easy to make.
Pine Nut and Lemon Orzo
Serve this dish at room temperature or chilled. If you make the orzo ahead, keep it refrigerated, and toss with the dressing mixture, parsley, and pine nuts just before serving.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 44.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 202mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 4 cups uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 medium lemons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Combine rind, juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly add oil to juice mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add pasta to juice mixture; toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Stir in parsley and pine nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This