Pine Nut Bonbons
Prep and Cook Time: about 50 minutes. Notes: Store these pretty, bite-size cookies airtight for up to 2 days.
Yield: Makes about 18 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 113
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg yolk, orange peel, and vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended.
- 2. Shape dough into 18 equal balls. Place about 2 inches apart on buttered or cooking parchment-lined 12- by 15-inch baking sheets. Divide pine nuts equally among cookies, and firmly press nuts onto tops.
- 3. Pour honey into a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in a microwave oven at 50% power just until liquefied, 30 to 60 seconds. Brush honey over cookies.
- 4. Bake cookies in a 300° oven until pale golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. With a wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts