Pine Bark Stew
Yield: 1 1/2 gallons
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup catsup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large stock pot until crisp; drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in stock pot. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sauté onion in drippings until tender. Stir in water, potatoes, tomatoes, and reserved bacon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours. Stir in catfish; cover and continue to simmer an additional 30 minutes. Stir in catsup and salt and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Ladle stew into individual serving bowls. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews