Pinchos de Cerdo con Salsa de Guayaba (Pork Skewers with Guava Sauce)
The oregano colors this pork slightly green--and gives it great flavor. If you grind dried oregano leaves in a spice grinder, the color is less green. Slice the remaining guava paste, and serve it as an appetizer with queso fresco cheese and crackers.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 357
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 31.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 361mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, each cut into 16 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped commercial guava paste (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup less-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare pork, combine oregano, oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add pork; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Thread pork and onion alternately onto 16 (8-inch) skewers.
- Prepare grill.
- Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 14 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Arrange skewers on a platter; keep warm.
- To prepare sauce, combine guava paste and the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 8 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly. Serve sauce with pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
People En Español