This is SSOOO Good and you can drink it without all the guilt of how many calories you are consuming. I make this every summer.
You'll like our way of losing almost all the sat fat while keeping the delicious coconutty goodness. Freezing the pineapple adds a velvety texture and keeps the cocktail frozen longer. The riper the pineapple, the more concentrated the flavor will be.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 4 Hours, 25 Minutes
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 57mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup gold rum (such as Bacardi Gold)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 8 fresh pineapple slices
- 1. Combine 2 cups coconut and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil), about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- 2. Arrange pineapple in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. Strain coconut mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl, pressing coconut with the back of a spoon to remove as much milk as possible. Discard solids.
- 4. Combine pineapple, ice cubes, rum, juice, and agave nectar in a blender; process mixture until smooth. Add milk mixture, and process until smooth. Serve with pineapple slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note