Photo: Dasha Wright; Styling: Linda Hirst
Skip the storebought colada mix and whip up your own with chopped fresh pineapple, rum, fresh lime juice, cream of coconut, and pineapple juice.
Yield: Makes 2 cocktails
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) silver or white rum
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cream of coconut
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 3 cups ice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) black strap rum (optional)
- Garnishes: fresh pineapple spears, mint leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour mixture into 2 tall glasses. Top each with 1/4 ounce (1 1/2 teaspoons) black strap rum, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages