The drink to order at polo matches, this fruity concoction gets its name and its alcohol content from Pimm's No. 1, a British spirit. You can find it at any well-stocked liquor store.
- 1 1/2 cups Pimm's No. 1
- 1 navel orange, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 lemon, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 3/4 cup firmly packed mint leaves and tender stems
- 1 1/2 cups cold ginger ale or lemon lime soda
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- About 3 cups ice
- 1 apple, quartered, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 1. In a large pitcher, combine the Pimm's, the orange and lemon slices, and the mint. Chill for about 10 minutes. Stir in the ginger ale.
- 2. Put two cucumber wedges, standing on end, into each of four 1-pint glasses. Fill halfway with ice. Pour in the Pimm's mixture. Push the mint down into the drinks and divide the orange, lemon, and apple slices among the drinks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages