- 3 (8-ounce) blocks extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/4 small sweet onion, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 16 thin wheat bread slices
- 8 thin white bread slices
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients. Chill, if desired.
Spread 3 tablespoons pimiento cheese evenly on 8 wheat bread slices. Layer with white bread slices, and spread each evenly with 3 tablespoons pimiento cheese. Top with remaining wheat bread slices.
Trim crusts from sandwiches using a serrated knife; cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
Note: Freeze remaining 1 1/2 cups pimiento cheese up to 2 weeks, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator.