Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Fried Chicken
YOUR BEST RECIPE Finalist. HELLMANN'S or BEST FOODS Real Mayonnaise Brand Winner.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 3 Minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups Pimiento Cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- 1. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Whisk together 1/2 cup milk and egg. Dip chicken in milk mixture, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 3. Pour oil to a depth of 1/8 inch in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil about 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- 4. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Hold chicken with tongs, and cut a slit in 1 side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Spoon 1/3 cup Pimiento Cheese into each pocket.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note