Pimiento Cheese Squares
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Drain pimiento; pat dry with paper towels, and finely chop. Stir ground mustard and ground red pepper into flour. Gradually add chopped pimiento to flour mixture, tossing to coat.
- 3. Beat cheese, butter, and salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined.
- 4. Turn out onto a well-floured surface. Divide into 2 equal portions; flatten each into a square. Roll each square to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 1 1/2-inch square cutter. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15 to 20 minutes; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers