ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Flaky, melt-in-your-mouth wonderful! I used my Williams-Sonoma scone pan which makes 16 little triangles. Highly recommend this recipe!
Pimiento Cheese Scones
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
- Wax paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly and mixture resembles small peas. Freeze 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. cream, cheese, and pimiento, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2. Turn dough out onto wax paper; gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (mixture will be crumbly). Cut round into 8 wedges. Place wedges 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of wedges with remaining 2 Tbsp. cream just until moistened.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads