Next time I prepare this wonderful sauce, I plan to try mild cheddar instead of sharp. The sharp cheddar seemed to overwhelm the other flavors in the dish, especially the pimiento.
Pimiento Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note