Next time I prepare this wonderful sauce, I plan to try mild cheddar instead of sharp. The sharp cheddar seemed to overwhelm the other flavors in the dish, especially the pimiento.
Pimiento Cheese Sauce
This recipe goes with Broccoli with Pimiento Cheese Sauce
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note