sounds real good because I like both
Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Pickled Okra
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Caroline M. Cunningham
We combined two of the South's favorite foods to make this savory Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Pickled Okra appetizer.
Yield: Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups (1 lb.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7-oz.) jar diced pimiento
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced bread-and-butter pickles
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- Pickled okra pods
- Garnish: smoked paprika
- Stir together shredded Cheddar cheese, pimiento, mayonnaise, pickles, Dijon mustard, kosher salt, garlic, ground red pepper, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
- To serve: Cut desired amount of pickled okra pods in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out seeds. Spoon pimiento cheese into okra halves. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note