Pimiento Cheese on Marbled Rye
This recipe yields about 4 cups of pimiento cheese. If you don't plan to use all of the pimiento cheese for sandwiches, refrigerate any extra, and serve with crackers or celery sticks.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 264
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 31.3g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 833mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Calcium: 248mg
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 (4-ounce) jars diced pimiento, drained
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 2 (1-ounce) slices marbled rye bread
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Spread 1/4 cup pimiento cheese over 16 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Refrigerate remaining pimiento cheese in an airtight container up to 10 days.
- Note: Increase the heat in the pimiento cheese by adding up to 1 (4-ounce) can of pickled jalapeño peppers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note