Pimiento Cheese Chicken with Hot Buttered Grits
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 599
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated fat: 10.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 49.2g
- Carbohydrate: 50.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 2128mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup premium-quality pimiento cheese
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. Preheat broiler. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place chicken on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan.
- 2. Broil chicken 5 inches from heat 5 minutes. Turn chicken, and spoon 3 Tbsp. pimiento cheese over each chicken breast, spreading to edges. Broil 5 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- 3. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk in grits. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in butter. Serve with chicken.
- Shopping Note: Find the best quality pimiento cheese in the deli section of your supermarket where it's available by weight or in prepackaged tubs. It has more Cheddar cheese and less processed cheese than many lower priced varieties.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Pimiento Cheese Chicken with Hot Buttered Grits * Broiled tomatoes with breadcrumbs
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: seasoned salt; pepper; butter; fine, dry breadcrumbs * 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts * 1 tub premium-quality pimiento cheese (we tested with Mrs. Stratton's Premium Gold) * 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth (we tested with Swanson) * 1 (8.4-oz.) box quick-cooking grits (we tested with Quaker) * 4 plum or small tomatoes
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note