I love pimiento cheese, and this recipe was a little bit of heaven. My chicken pieces were a little small so I had trouble getting all of the filling in the breasts, but there was still enough filling in the chicken. The chicken was cooked perfectly in the allotted time.
Pimiento Cheese Chicken
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1 slice applewood-smoked bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large ovenproof skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Combine bacon, next 6 ingredients, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut a 1-inch-wide slit into the thick end of each breast half; carefully cut down to the center of chicken to form a deep pocket. Divide cheese mixture evenly among pockets. Secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to drippings. Add chicken to pan; saute 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes