We really enjoyed this meal! I will make it again.
Pimiento Cheese Chicken
Instead of using pimiento cheese as a sandwich filling, try using it as a filling for skillet-cooked chicken breasts.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1 slice applewood-smoked bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large ovenproof skillet until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Combine bacon, next 6 ingredients, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut a 1-inch-wide slit into the thick end of each breast half; carefully cut down to the center of chicken to form a deep pocket. Divide cheese mixture evenly among pockets. Secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to drippings. Add chicken to pan; saute 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes