Pillsbury® Veggie & Sausage Skillet Pizza
More From Pillsbury
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 26g
- Sodium: 910mg
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- Chopped green onions, if desired
- Step 1: Heat oven to 400°F. In 6-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes and pizza sauce. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm
- Step 2: Spray bottom and side of 12-inch cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Unroll dough in skillet; press in bottom and at least halfway up side. Bake 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1 3/4 cups of the cheese over dough. Spoon sausage and vegetable mixture over cheese; top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Step 3: Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with green onions. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. To serve, cut into 6 wedges.
- Expert Tips:
- Want a more authentic deep dish? Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cornmeal in the cast-iron skillet before adding the dough.
- In place of the turkey sausage, use pork sausage, making sure to drain the cooked sausage before adding the remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pillsbury® Veggie & Sausage Skillet Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes