Pillsbury® Taco Pizza
Mexican pizza ready in 35 minutes! Enjoy a turkey sausage and bell pepper pizza with Old El Paso® enchilada sauce, sprinkled with cheese
More From Pillsbury
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 23g
- Sodium: 1060mg
- 3 links (4 oz each) spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed, crumbed
- 1/2 cup canned Old El Paso® enchilada sauce
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped (1 cup), if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or green onions, if desired
- Step 1: Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan (425°F for all other pans). Spray 15x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- Step 2: In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally to crumble sausage, until no longer pink; drain and remove from skillet. Gently stir enchilada sauce into sausage to coat.
- Step 3: Unroll dough in pan; starting at center, press dough into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake about 8 minutes or until light brown
- Step 4: Spoon and spread sausage mixture over crust. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Top with tomatoes and bell pepper; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Step 5: Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows
- Expert Tips:
- Control the heat by selecting mild, medium or hot enchilada sauce.
- Turkey sausage is low in fat but high in flavor!
- Check the label on the sausage to make sure it is made with turkey breast, which is lower in fat than turkey sausage made with dark meat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pillsbury® Taco Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes