Pillsbury® Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
More From Pillsbury
Total: 50 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Sodium: 1000mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/3 pound deli-style roast beef, roughly chopped
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese (8 oz)
- 3/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
- Step 1: Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan (425°F for all other pans). Spray 15x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- Step 2: In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onion to coat with oil. Cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 20 minutes longer, stirring well every 5 minutes; until onions are golden brown (onions will shrink during cooking). Set aside.
- Step 3: Unroll dough in pan; starting at center, press dough into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake about 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Step 4: Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with roast beef, onion, cheese and bell pepper.
- Step 5: Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.
- Expert Tips:
- The Philly cheese steak sandwich originated in Philadelphia in the 1930s. Thinly sliced beef is layered on a French or Italian roll and topped with American cheese and sautéed onions. The classic has been modified to include other cheese varieties such as Cheddar or provolone.
- In place of the regular roast beef, try Cajun- or Italian-seasoned roast beef from the deli. Or if you prefer, use sliced cooked turkey.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pillsbury® Philly Cheese Steak Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes