This recipe was so simple and super tasty. I love Schlotzsky's chicken pesto pizza and this, with the exception of the crust, tasted just like it, although this crust was good, too. I used Buitoni/Bertolli (cant remember which) pesto and basil you can find in the deli section of Wal-Mart by the tortellini. I used a rotisserie chicken instead of making my own. I will definitely make this again!
Pillsbury® Chicken Pesto Pizza
More From Pillsbury
Total: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 25g
- Sodium: 80mg
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain
- 1/2 cup refrigerated basil pesto (from 7-oz container)
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 large plum (Roma) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Step 1: Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan (425°F for all other pans). Spray 15x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Unroll dough in pan; starting at center, press dough into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake about 8 minutes or until light brown.
- Step 3: Spread pesto to within 1/2 inch of edges of crust. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, the chicken and tomatoes; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Step 4: Bake 5 minutes longer or until edges of crust are golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.
- Expert Tips:
- For an appetizer, cut pizza into bite-size squares, and insert a party toothpick into each piece.
- Go from turf to surf! Use 1/2 lb cooked shrimp in place of the chicken in this recipe.
- Sprinkle the pizza with fresh cracked pepper for an extra boost of flavor.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pillsbury® Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes