Pilgrim Pecan Pie
Make maple syrup first in a small pot. Make pie ingredients in mixing bowl. Use a ceramic or stoneware pie pan for perfect crusts - your crust doesn't burn nor do the edges need to be covered with foil. The pie crusts never stick and they look prettier when you serve the pie in them.
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) maple extract/flavoring
- 1 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) soft butter almost melted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie 9" pie shell
- Maple Syrup - In small pot add 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of boiling water. Add 1/8 tsp salt. Let boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring.
- Pie filling - Mix remaining ingredients well in a medium bowl. Pour into pie shell. Bake 10 minutes at 425F, reduce heat to 350F and bake 50 minutes longer.
- For convection ovens you can bake at 340 for 40 minutes.
- You will have left over maple syrup, so make some french toast! You can actually 1/2 the maple syrup recipe and have 1 cup for the pie.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimwchew and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pilgrim Pecan Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries