Pilaf with Chicken, Spinach, and Walnuts
You'll need a large skillet with a lid for this recipe. Breaking the cinnamon sticks and sautéing them with the onion brings out their aromatic goodness. To save time, use chicken breast meat from a rotisserie chicken.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 52.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 7.1mg
- Sodium: 977mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 2 breasts)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cinnamon sticks; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in rice, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, tomato, salt, and broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Add spinach and raisins; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in chicken. Sprinkle with walnuts and dill.
- For baby: Omit the walnuts and dill. Serve spoonfuls in a small bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note