- 1 (16-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (8-ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 4 (14-ounce) cans low-fat chicken broth, divided
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make It
Combine stuffing mixes, 3 cans chicken broth, chopped celery, and next 6 ingredients. Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan or baking dish.
Pour remaining 1 can broth evenly over stuffing in pan.
Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix.
To make ahead: Spoon unbaked stuffing mixture into a lightly greased freezer-safe, disposable aluminum pan; cover and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator. Uncover and bake as directed.
Beebe Roberts, Birmingham, Alabama