Pig Pickin' Cake
This luscious cake is easy to make and each bite bursts with citrus flavor. Store the cake in the refrigerator but don't expect to have leftovers!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Garnish: chopped pecans
- Beat first 4 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in oranges. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans. (Layers will be thin.)
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Stir together crushed pineapple and next 3 ingredients. Spread pineapple mixture evenly between layers and on top of cake. Chill cake 3 to 4 hours. Garnish, if desired. Store cake in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note