- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Garnish: chopped pecans
How to Make It
Beat first 4 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in oranges. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans. (Layers will be thin.)
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
Stir together crushed pineapple and next 3 ingredients. Spread pineapple mixture evenly between layers and on top of cake. Chill cake 3 to 4 hours. Garnish, if desired. Store cake in refrigerator.