Linda Waite and Betty Crocker
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 2 tablespoon(s) shortening
- Measure flour by dip-level-pour method or by sifting. Mix flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry ,blender until particles are size of peas.
- Sprinkle with water 1 tablespoon at a time mixing with fork, until flour is moistened. Gather dough together with finger so it cleans the bowl. Press into ball. Tour out on lightly floured board.
- Flatten with hand, Roll out not quite 1/8" thickness. Roll lightly, being careful not to add stretch flour as that makes pastry tough. Keep rounding edge of pastry . If it begins to beat, pinch broken edges together immediately.
- Keep pastry circular and room it about 1" larger all around tan inverted pie pan, Fold pastry in half, Careful transfer to pie pan.
- Unfold and ease pastry loosely into pan, being careful not to stretch.
- Finish by either filling with fruit mixture, or finish edges and bake at 475 for 8 to 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pie Crust Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries