- 1 baguette, cut into 36 (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (4 1/2 ounces) shredded Mexican melting cheese or Monterey Jack
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers or serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Brush baguette slices with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet. Bake 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with cheese, and bake 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients in a bowl; spoon mixture onto bread slices. Serve immediately.