pico de gallo
3 large diced tomatoes 1 diced medium sized onion 1/4 bunch of cilantro (use more or less depending on your taste) juice of half a lemon 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic 1 tsp of salt 2 jalapenos (or more if you prefer it hotter)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tomatoes
- 1. Wash tomatoes and cilantro.
- 2. Dice tomatoes, onions, chop cilantro, jalapenos, and the optional ingredients (avocado, cucumber)
- 3. Put ingredients in a bowl.
- 4. Add salt, garlic, the juice of half a lemon. Mix it up and serve.
- * you can roast your tomatoes for great flavor.
- heat up a frying pan or skillet on medium high heat. Place whole tomatoes in the cookware and toast the outside of it until the skin begins to break and split apart. remove from heat and continue with step two.
- note if you prefer smooth salsa as opposed to chunky just put all this good stuff in the blender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rsreider and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
pico de gallo Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments