This is fabulous and so easy to make!! It is my permanent replacement for bottled salsa! Love it, love it!
Pico de Gallo
If you make ahead, stir in the salt just before serving. This will keep the salsa from becoming too watery.
This recipe goes with Pico Queso
More From Southern Living
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Pico Queso: Cook 1 lb. torn white American cheese slices and 3/4 cup whipping cream in a nonstick saucepan over low heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in 1 3/4 cups Pico de Gallo and 1 to 2 Tbsp. hot sauce. Serve immediately, or keep warm over low heat, stirring often, for up to 30 minutes. Makes 3 1/2 cups. Prep: 10 min., Cook: 8 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This