The flavors in this dish complimented each other so well. At first I was apprehensive but am glad I decided to make it. I ended up using this as a side dish and had so much leftovers. Great for a picnic even! Never used jicama before and am glad I tried something new. I thought to myself "I don't like eating potatoes raw so why would I like this Mexican version." It's so fresh tasting, nothing like a potato.
Pico De Gallo
You may be more familiar with a tomato version of this condiment. Here is the traditional Mexican recipe. Pico de gallo seasoning is a blend of ground mixed hot peppers and salt. You can find it on the spice aisle.
This recipe goes with Acapulco Fillet
- 1/2 cup diced jícama
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small oranges, sectioned
- 1/4 teaspoon pico de gallo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill at least 2 hours; spoon evenly into bell pepper halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This