This a good recipe, one that is familiar to most of us. I have learned that whether it is potato or pasta salad, a small amount of olive oil mixed into the salad before mayo, etc. makes a more moist salad without having to add extra mayo before serving. It should not be mushy or floating in dressing which is often the result of adding too much.
Picnic Potato Salad
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Other: 55 Minutes
- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 15 minutes. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2. Combine potatoes and eggs.
- 3. Stir together mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients; gently stir into potato mixture. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 12 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads