Picnic in a Glass
- 1 (19-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) deli-roasted chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups chopped English cucumbers
- Yogurt Dressing
- 3 cups coarsely crushed pita chips
- Lemon wedges
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients and 2 Tbsp. olive oil; stir in shredded chicken. Add table salt and black pepper to taste; let stand 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together radishes, onion, and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Stir together tomatoes and 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Stir together cucumbers and remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season each mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
Layer chickpea mixture, radish mixture, 3/4 cup Yogurt Dressing, tomato mixture, pita chips, and cucumber mixture in a 4-qt. bowl; top with remaining Yogurt Dressing. Cover and chill 2 to 4 hours. Serve with lemon wedges and additional pita chips.
Total time includes dressing.