Picnic Fried Chicken
- 2 (2-pound) whole chickens, cut up
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry, and set aside.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl. Combine flour, 2 tablespoons salt, and pepper in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag.
- Dip 2 chicken pieces in milk mixture. Place in plastic bag; seal and shake to coat. Remove chicken; repeat procedure with remaining pieces.
- Melt shortening in a Dutch oven over medium heat; heat to 350°. Fry chicken, in batches, 10 minutes on each side or until done and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note