Easy enough to make. Nice way to change up the veggie side dish. I used cauliflower, mushrooms, and sweet red peppers. I might prefer half the sugar called for.
Try Pickled Vegetables for an easy, tasty and unique side dish to serve along side your favorite entree. Don't be intimidated. Pickled Vegetables are as easy as slicing veggies and boiling a few ingredients.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Sodium: 127mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups thinly sliced unpeeled English cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- Combine sugar, vinegar, kosher salt, crushed red pepper, freshly ground black pepper, and crushed garlic in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Add cucumber, onion, and cauliflower. Let vegetable mixture stand 30 minutes; drain well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note