Did exactly as the recipe called for. On day one, it tasted great. Every day after that, the tomatoes became more and more mushy. Definitely not a repeat. These small tomatoes are too expensive to be thrown away.
Pickled Tiny Tomatoes
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 3 pt. assorted grape tomatoes
- 2 cups seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (optional)
- Pierce each tomato 3 times using a wooden pick or skewer, and place tomatoes in a large glass bowl. Bring vinegar, next 4 ingredients and, if desired, ginger, and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat, and pour over tomatoes. Cool 1 hour. Cover and chill 24 hours before serving. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note