Easy Pickled Sweet Onions and Peppers
Brine the onions and peppers when you put the pork in the slow cooker so they pickle for at least eight hours. Or make the recipe up to one week ahead--the longer the onions and peppers sit, the better the flavor. The sweet-tart brine is delicious spooned over the succulent pork.
More From Southern Living
Total: 8 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle rice vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 6 sweet mini bell peppers, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Bring rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and dried crushed red pepper to a boil in a medium saucepan. Toss together onion slices, bell pepper slices, garlic cloves, hot vinegar mixture, and, if desired, thyme sprigs in a large bowl. Let stand 2 hours. Cover and chill 6 hours. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note