Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Shrimp Fresh, unpeeled w/Tails
- 3 whole(s) Onions, Medium
- ground black pepper
- Pepper Corns Whole
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 2 head(s) Garlic
- 1 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp & cook until just pink, 3 - 5 minutes. Drain well & rinse in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Peel & devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In large glass airtight jar(s) (about 1.5 quarts) layer shrimp & onions & top each layer w/ground black pepper, peppercorns, bay leav and a clove o garlic. Keep layering until jar is about 2/3 full.
- Pour vinegar & lemon juice over layers until jar is almost full. Leave space at top so you can gently shake jar to remix ingredients. Seal jar tightly & chill for a few days up to 2 weeks.
- Turn jar upside down to remix every other day or so.
- Serve Chilled as an appetizer.
- NOTE: For larger shrimp, larger jar(s) maybe needed. Adjust ingredients accordingly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BBB1005 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note