Community Recipe from
- 7 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 2 1/2 pound(s) Shrimp Fresh, unpeeled w/Tails
- 3 whole(s) Onions, Medium
- ground black pepper
- Pepper Corns Whole
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 2 head(s) Garlic
- 1 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon Juice
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the shrimp & cook until just pink, 3 - 5 minutes. Drain well & rinse in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Peel & devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In large glass airtight jar(s) (about 1.5 quarts) layer shrimp & onions & top each layer w/ground black pepper, peppercorns, bay leav and a clove o garlic. Keep layering until jar is about 2/3 full.
- Pour vinegar & lemon juice over layers until jar is almost full. Leave space at top so you can gently shake jar to remix ingredients. Seal jar tightly & chill for a few days up to 2 weeks.
- Turn jar upside down to remix every other day or so.
- Serve Chilled as an appetizer.
- NOTE: For larger shrimp, larger jar(s) maybe needed. Adjust ingredients accordingly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BBB1005 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes