This recipe is super easy to make and a HUGE hit with everyone! I made this for Mother's Day along with Maryland Crab Cakes and Lemon Thyme-Tinged Corn Saute. It made for a delicious, special and yet light meal. Ended with a lemon pound cake served with Limoncello whipped cream and fresh berries. Absolutely fabulous. Finally, the pickled shrimp are delicious left over, too!
More From Southern Living
Chill: 12 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Protein: 59g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 431mg
- Iron: 7.4mg
- Sodium: 1396mg
- Calcium: 1805mg
- 5 pounds unpeeled, cooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 (4-ounce) jar capers, drained
- 2 medium-size white onions, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 (0.6-ounce) envelopes Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Layer a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with one-third each of shrimp, capers, onion slices, bell pepper slices, celery seed, and lemon slices. Repeat layers twice.
- Whisk together dressing mix and next 3 ingredients. Pour evenly over shrimp. Cover and chill at least 12 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers