This recipe is super easy to make and a HUGE hit with everyone! I made this for Mother's Day along with Maryland Crab Cakes and Lemon Thyme-Tinged Corn Saute. It made for a delicious, special and yet light meal. Ended with a lemon pound cake served with Limoncello whipped cream and fresh berries. Absolutely fabulous. Finally, the pickled shrimp are delicious left over, too!
Shrimp ranks second to tuna as America's most popular seafood and is low in fat and calories. With its mild flavor, this shellfish blends well with other ingredients.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 12 Hours
- Calories: 467
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Protein: 59g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 431mg
- Iron: 7.4mg
- Sodium: 1396mg
- Calcium: 1805mg
- 5 pounds unpeeled, cooked jumbo shrimp
- 1 (4-ounce) jar capers, drained
- 2 medium-size white onions, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 (0.6-ounce) envelopes Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Layer a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with one-third each of shrimp, capers, onion slices, bell pepper slices, celery seed, and lemon slices. Repeat layers twice.
- Whisk together dressing mix and next 3 ingredients. Pour evenly over shrimp. Cover and chill at least 12 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This