Pickled Red Onion
Red onion can be hard to consume raw but it is great for pickling. Add this delicious condiment to grilled sandwiches for the perfect bite.
This recipe goes with Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Pulled Beef Short Ribs and Pickled Red Onion
More From Coastal Living
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Place a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add coriander and mustard seeds, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- 2. Fill a large bowl with ice water; place onion in bowl. Soak 20 minutes. Drain; pat dry. Return onion to bowl.
- 3. Bring red wine vinegar and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over onion. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain. Stir in seeds and remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight jar in refrigerator until ready to use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This