Pickled Peach Salad
- 1 (25.5-ounce) jar spiced pickled peaches*
- 1 (3-ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) jar pitted Royal Ann cherries in light syrup, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Bibb lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Garnish: fresh cranberries
- Drain pickled peaches, reserving 1 cup liquid in a saucepan. Coarsely chop peaches.
- Bring reserved 1 cup liquid to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in gelatin, stirring 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Stir in orange juice and 1/2 cup water. Stir in chopped pickled peaches, cherries, and pecans.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 4 1/2-cup ring mold. Cover and chill 8 hours or until firm. Unmold salad onto Bibb lettuce leaves, if desired, or onto a platter or serving dish.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold in mayonnaise. Serve salad with whipped cream mixture. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 (15-ounce) cans harvest spice sliced peaches may be substituted for spiced pickled peaches. Proceed as directed, using a 5 1/2-cup mold.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Oregon Fruit Products Pitted Light Sweet Royal Anne Cherries in light syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This