- 2 red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper, halved and seeded
- 1. Place onions in a large bowl, and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Set aside.
- 2. Combine vinegar, salt, and remaining sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves. Add pepper; cook 2 minutes. Remove pepper.
- 3. Bring mixture to a boil; stir in reserved onions. Remove pan from heat, and let stand 20 minutes. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This