delicious summer salad, perfect for company and super easy.
Pickled Onion, Blue Cheese, and Berry Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 39 Minutes
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 6.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar, divided
- 4 teaspoons agave nectar, divided
- 2/3 cup thinly vertically sliced Vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (4-ounce) packages baby mixed herb salad
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh raspberries
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1 tablespoon agave in a small bowl. Add onion; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes; drain.
- 2. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon agave, mustard, pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add salad greens; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 cup salad on each of 8 plates. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon cheese, and about 6 raspberries.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pickled Onion, Blue Cheese, and Berry Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads