Pickled Onion Rings
- 4 large white onions, sliced and separated into rings (about 1 1/2-pounds)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 5 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canning-and-pickling salt
- Combine onions and dill in a plastic bowl (do not use glass).
- Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Pour hot vinegar mixture over onion rings and dill in bowl; cover and chill at least 8 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 month. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note