Excellent! I served it at an Easter party (buffet style) with avocado slices and alfalfa sprouts. Everyone raved!
Pickled Okra and Shrimp Salad
Easy side: Spread a thin layer of softened butter onto 1 side of 12 (1/2-inch-thick) French bread baguette slices. Bake at 425° for 4 minutes or until toasted. Combine 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise with 1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese. Spread onto 1 side of bread. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 (3-oz.) package boil-in-bag shrimp-and-crab boil
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined, medium-size raw shrimp (3 1/40 count)
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet-hot pickled okra
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large avocados, sliced
- 1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan; add crab boil, and cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine pickled okra, diced pimiento, and next 6 ingredients. Add shrimp, and serve immediately with avocado slices, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Note: We tested with Wickles pickled okra.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note