Notes: If making ahead, cover and chill up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups; 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 28
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 pounds mushrooms (2-in. caps)
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1. Rinse and drain mushrooms; trim off and discard discolored stem ends. Cut mushrooms into quarters through caps.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 2/3 cup water, vinegar, bay leaf, peppercorns, mustard seed, dill seed, salt, and garlic to a boil.
- 3. Add mushrooms. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Let mixture cool, stirring occasionally. Serve cool or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note