easy to make, taste is just right.
Notes: If making ahead, cover and chill up to 1 week.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups; 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 28
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 pounds mushrooms (2-in. caps)
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1. Rinse and drain mushrooms; trim off and discard discolored stem ends. Cut mushrooms into quarters through caps.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring 2/3 cup water, vinegar, bay leaf, peppercorns, mustard seed, dill seed, salt, and garlic to a boil.
- 3. Add mushrooms. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Let mixture cool, stirring occasionally. Serve cool or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pickled Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance