Pickled Jicama, Ginger, and Summer Peppers
More From Sunset
Chill: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 15
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3-in. piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium jicama (1 lb.), peeled
- 3 small ripe sweet peppers--orange, red, yellow, or a combination, seeded and stemmed
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chile, seeded and stemmed
- 1. Pour lime juice, vinegar, salt, and sugar into a medium bowl. Set a strainer over bowl. Finely shred ginger, put in strainer, and press out juice into bowl. Whisk brine to mix.
- 2. Slice jicama 1/4 in. thick and cut slices in halves or quarters. Slice peppers and chile into thin rounds. Add to brine and turn gently to mix.
- 3. Chill at least 1 hour, stirring every now and then so flavors can develop. Serve cold. Keeps, chilled, up to 2 days.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments