- 2 (12-ounce) packages baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 1 (3-inch) stick cinnamon, broken
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine carrots and water to cover in a medium-size stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Peel carrots; cut off stem end. Pack vertically into hot sterilized jars.
- Combine spices; tie loosely in a cheesecloth bag. Combine spice bag, sugar, vinegar, water, and salt in saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove spice bag; discard. Pour hot syrup over carrots, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers