"Pickled beets are something you can put in the refrigerator and have all the time."
Southern Living JUNE 2010
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Trim beet stems to 1 inch; gently wash beets. Place on an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. Stir together 1 Tbsp. white vinegar, 1 tsp. honey, and 1 cup water; pour mixture over beets. Season with 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly with foil.
3. Bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours or until tender. Uncover and let cool 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together 1/2 cup red wine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
5. Peel beets, and remove stem ends. Cut beets into 1-inch wedges. Place beets in 1 (16-oz.) jar. Pour vinegar mixture over beets. Cover and chill 8 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Go to full version of