Photo: Jean Allsopp
- 2 bunches fresh beets, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Chopped fresh mint
- Fresh pomegranate seeds
- Olive oil
- Cook beets in boiling water to cover 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. Drain and peel.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar and next 7 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Slice beets into quarters; pour vinegar mixture over beets. Allow beets to cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, and salt; cover and chill until ready to use.
- Spread yogurt mixture evenly onto serving platter. Top with beets, parsley, mint, and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with olive oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables