- 4 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canning-and-pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus spears (about 3 bunches)
- 6 fresh dill sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
How to Make It
Cook first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat about 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove saucepan from stove, and cool mixture completely.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
Pack 1 bunch asparagus, 2 dill sprigs, and 1 garlic clove into 1 (1-quart) canning jar; repeat process with 2 remaining jars, asparagus, dill sprigs, and garlic cloves.
Pour vinegar mixture evenly into jars; seal jars. Chill at least 8 hours; store in refrigerator up to 1 week.